Movember is almost over but we’re still going strong! To keep the mo-mentum going (see what we did there?) through the last couple of weeks, here are some interesting facts about the mighty mo!
1. There are between 10,000 and 20,000 hairs on a man’s face and the average moustache makes up about 600 of those.
2. In Eureka, Nevada in the USA, it’s still illegal for men with moustaches to kiss women…lucky for them Movember’s almost over!
3. On average, men touch their moustaches 760 times a day – wow, hope dude’s hands are clean!
4. The good ol’ mo is capable of absorbing 20 percent of its own weight in liquid. It can also hold 30ml (about 10% of a glass of beer) before it leaks its contents down your face.
5. Policemen in India are often paid more if they grow a moustache because it’s believed to make them more powerful and grant them more R-E-S-P-E-C-T.
6. The King of Hearts is the only king in a deck of cards who doesn’t have a moustache.
7. The longest moustache recorded belongs to a man in India – his mo is 14 feet (that’s just over 4 metres long!)
8. On average, a man with a moustache spends around 6 months of his life shaving and grooming his moustache.
9. Literal genius Albert Einstein kept his mo for over 50 years…#goals
10. The mo has been around for a pretty long time – the earliest image of a man with a moustache is over 2000 years old. It’s a portrait of an ancient Iranian man from around 300BC.