About Cactus Insurance Limited (Cactus)
Cactus (FSP574787) is a Financial Advice Provider that holds a licence issued by the Financial Markets Authority (FMA) to provide financial advice services.
You can find us listed on the Financial Service Providers Register at fsp-register.companiesoffice.govt.nz
The conditions of our licence allow us to provide the following financial advice services:
- General Insurance
Fire & General Insurance
Cactus works with you to determine what risks you wish to cover and provide quotes based on the levels of cover you wish to put in place. We will work with you to determine whether there are any particular risks you have that need to be specified during the application process.
Providers we work with
Cactus works with the following general insurance providers:
- Blanket Insurance (underwritten by Ando Insurance)
- AIG New Zealand
- Ando Insurance Group
- QBE Insurance (Australia) Ltd
- Vero Liability Insurance Ltd
- NZI (Including Lumley General Insurance)
- Vero Insurance New Zealand Ltd
- Zurich New Zealand
- Rosser Underwriting Limited
- Star Underwriting Agents Ltd
- Dual New Zealand
- Swann Insurance
- Classic Cover
- Delta Insurance New Zealand Limited
- Chubb Insurance New Zealand Ltd
- Protectsure Pty Ltd
How we are paid
Cactus may be paid through a combination of Brokerage (Commision paid by the provider), Broker fees and Administration fees (paid through your policy charge).
How we manage conflicts of interest and put your interest first
We always put your interests first:
- We follow a documented process that puts our clients needs at the heart of the advice process
- We identify and disclose the maximum level of commission or fee’s we may get on the back of our recommendation
- If our recommendation involves replacing cover, we will provide a comparison of covers and explain what the recommended provider offers that your existing cover does not. We will also let you know if there is anything your existing provider covers that the recommended provider will not in the form of a research report.
- Cactus completes internal and external reviews of our advice process to ensure we follow a thorough review process that puts client interest first.
Under the Financial Markets Conduct Act 2013, it is the duty of Cactus Insurance and our advisers to:
- meet the standards of competence, knowledge, and skill set out in the Code of Professional Conduct for Financial Advice Services (Code of Conduct), which form part of the wider regulatory regime for financial advice and ensure we have the expertise necessary to provide you with advice; and
- give priority to your interests by taking all reasonable steps to ensure that the advice given to you is not materially influenced by our own interests or the interests of any other person connected with the giving of advice; and
- exercise care, diligence, and skill that a prudent person engaged in the occupation of giving related financial advice would in the same circumstances; and
- meet the standards of ethical behaviour, conduct, and client care set out in the Code of Conduct, to treat you as we should and to provide you with suitable advice.
What if something goes wrong
We value the ability of our clients to provide feedback about the service they have received as well as the opportunity to put it right when they are unhappy with any aspect of our service.
If you would like to raise concerns about the service you have received, we have an internal complaint process that we will follow when we receive your formal complaint.
Our internal process involves:
- Requesting your complaint in writing
- Acknowledging the receipt of your complaint within 2 working days of receiving it.
- Investigating your concerns by speaking with all the involved parties and reviewing all the documentation we hold on file.
- Providing a formal written response within 28 days of acknowledging your concerns.
If you would like to make a complaint, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are unsatisfied with the outcome of our internal complaints process, you are able to escalate it to our dispute resolution scheme:
|Scheme:||Financial Dispute Resolution Service|
|PO Box 2272|
|Telephone number:||0800 337 337|
They are an independent dispute resolution service provider that helps resolve complaints about financial service providers, free of charge.