S*** happens when you’re in business, we protect you when things go cactus up.
Liability insurance for tradesman is there to cover you when you are legally responsible for something, when a third party holds you legally liable for loss or damages.
This is one of the most important covers a builder or tradesman can have.
There are four different classes of liability
- Property damage and personal injury
- Financial loss only
- Fines and penalties
- Management liability
We cover you for three separate areas of liability under the one cover; Broad form (Public), Employers and Statutory Liability
- Broad form / Public Liability. This covers you against liability for personal injury or property damage, just select the level of cover you require from $1,000,000 all the way up
- Employers Liability. This is cover for defence costs and any damages you become liable for as a result of injury to an employee which is sustained in the course of their employment. Just pick the level of cover you require starting at $250,000
- Statutory Liability. This covers you for any fine that you become liable for arising from a claim made against you. This also covers your defence costs related to that claim
- We can also cover you at the rate of $250 per day for each day you are required to attend court as a result of a claim event
- If you are acquitted, or if the case is dismissed or withdrawn, without the payment of any fine, your defence costs will be reimbursed and no excess will apply.
- Rent or lease your premises? We cover you for your legal liability to pay compensation to your landlord as a result of damage to these premises
- You are also covered for your liability under the forest and rural fires act for up to $250,000
Make sure all your subbies have their own liability cover too. If they don’t have cover, don’t let them on site!